DIY Wall Mounted Kids Bookshelf

$60

I'm currently in the process of renovating our kid's small playroom. Last week I finished this EPIC IKEA hack using two TROFAST storage units. And this week we'll be tackling the book situation. Basically, we'll be building a DIY book display.

Cut an archMake a jig to draw an arch. (Find more details on the blog)

Then I took a jigsaw and cut the half arch. Try to go slow with the jigsaw to make sure it's staying on track.

Make shelves from hobby boards and 1x3s

Painting DIY arched bookshelfFind

AssemblyTo assemble this adorable bookcase you'll need clamps, screws, and wood glue. I measured where the shelves will go, and drilled 4 holes throughout. Then I added wood glue to the shelves and clamped it to the arched plywood back. After that, I flipped the whole thing over and drove screws through the previously predrilled holes. Easy peasy!

Mounting DIY bookshelf to the wall I had to attach the whole structure to the wall.I made french cleats for the shelf and you can read full details on the blog

Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
April

• Shirley
    Shirley

What a cool idea! That ought to draw the kids to the books!

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

very pretty and cool. Nice spot for it to. Right next to a window. For me I would either pick a ocean blue, or a sunrise or sunset coral shade withe the bright white shelves or dark wood, with a very cozy lounge chair or chase and a little table and lamp to match every thing for my drink and snack and settle right in. Lol you made a very nice and lovely spot for reading.