Asked on Apr 16, 2021

How do I prevent the leaves of my plants from getting brown/dried tips

EmBetsyRedcatcec
+4

The leaf tips are brown and dried up. Any suggestions on how to avoid this. Please see pic. Thank you

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. Careful attention to your plant watering needs could be helpful. In my case my peace Lily does this exact same thing and it usually need is an indicator that it needs water I often trim the black tips off with no effect to my peace lilly plant.

• This also happens to some of my plants when they don't get enough water and they're in the direct sunlight. They scorch.

• Janice
    Janice

The brown tips are usually the result of inadequate water or else too much sun. When I see this, I trim off the brown in such a way that the leaves still look shaped per nature and then focus on a bit more watering or where the plant is located. Hope this helps!

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Check the amount of water you are giving your plant, the soil should be moist and not dry or soggy. Yours looks like it needs a drink of water, trim away the brown tips.

Betsy

Hi Jane: I agree with the others, not enough water, but don't over do it. And, a bit of fertilizer once a month wouldn't go awry :)

Good luck

• Em
    Em

Inconsistant watering, lack of humidity and salt build up will all turn tips brown. Water on a regular basis not here and there, check humidity level in your home, give plant a little fertilizer or repot with new soil if it has been a long time since you have done so.