Cement Plant Stands

5 materials
$20

I wanted to try my hand at cement plant stands but you could use concrete as well with these.

I used cement I had for a previous project I listed. Portland Cement type 1-11

I purchased plastic containers at Dollar General. You could use many different styles and bowls as long as they are plastic. First,

you want to grease the insides of the bowls that you are making. I used vegetable oil and paper towel to wipe the insides.

Now you add cement. I did this to my liking and the amount that I thought would fill my three bowls. I added water and mixed with a paint stick. You could use a drill with paint attachment to mix. That would be much easier.

Now the fun part. I used a plastic cup to add the mixer to the bowl. I then used dowels to make a triangle. My dowels I purchased were from Joann’s. They were one inch in width. I had my husband use his saw to cut them in equal measurements. That means three of the exact size that fit the bowls. That means if I did a smaller bowl I made my dowels shorter.

I did have 5 gallon paint buckets on hand from Home Depot. So I took my biggest bowl set it inside the 5 gallon bucket and it held the legs exactly to where I wanted them to dry. I repeated this step with all my bowls. It made sure that they stayed in place.

Now it is time for them to dry. I left them outside for two days straight in the Florida heat.

Here is the finished product. You can stain your dowels (legs) or paint them. I kept them natural and actually moved them indoors.

We have too much rain in Florida to have them out there.

They are really cute and a great addition to decor.

I hope you liked my cement stools.

IG Dreamoakdecor

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

4 of 8 comments
Next