Decoupage Plates

3 materials
$15

Have you ever wondered how to decoupage plates? Today, I’m sharing how to mod podge glass plates with tissue paper! This is an easy mod podge technique and you can make four plates in under an hour!

I love sharing easy DIY crafts with you all. These tissue paper mod podged plates are so simple, yet will make a huge impact on your spring dining table!

Ready to get crafting? Here’s what you need to make these colorful mod podged plates…

Materials:

• Clear Glass Plates
  • Foam Brush
  • Mod Podge (I used Matte, but you can also use Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge)
  • Tissue Paper

Step 1: Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the back of one of your plates. Working quickly, lay a sheet of tissue paper (right side down), over your plate, smoothing out the tissue paper with your fingers.

Step 2: Let dry. Once fully dry, trim the excess paper and apply 1-2 coats of Mod Podge to seal.

These are so colorful and fun! Instead of tissue paper, you can use fabric or wrapping paper for a different look.

Note: Unless you are using Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge, you’ll want to hand wash these plates.

Thanks for reading all about my DIY mod podged plates! Have a crafty day!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 3 comments
Next