Upcycled Rainbow Scrap Wreath With Earth-Friendly Kunin Felt

$10

Did y’all know that Kunin® Brand Felt recycles tens of thousands of plastic bottles every year to create their Craft Cuts Felt Sheets and Felt Yardage? Well, they absolutely do, and I am excited to have the opportunity to work with them for the past five years.

My Upcycled Rainbow Scrap Wreath with Kunin Felt is a bright and colorful project to celebrate Earth Day!

Did you ever wonder what five years of collecting bits, pieces and scraps of Kunin Brand Felt looks like? Well, just like this giant bin in the center of my studio. I never throw anything away, because when I do, then that’s exactly when I will need it. Does this happen to you too?

To begin the Upcycled Rainbow Scrap Wreath, gather all supplies. Remove the label from the embroidery hoop. Organize all of the colors of the Kunin® Classic™ Felt scraps. I used ALL of the colors I had, but this wreath would be fun to do in rainbow order or even ombre.

For this project, I used the 9″ width of the Kunin® Classic™ Felt Craft Cuts, so I made a stack of bits and pieces that were big enough. For this 10″ hoop, I cut approximately 100 strips from my scrap felt.

Randomly cut the scraps of felt into strips, some skinny and some fat, with scissors.

Start tieing the strips of Kunin® Classic™ Felt around the embroidery hoop in double knots. Use the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock marks as a starting point.

Continue working around the entire hoop, pushing the strips together to get as many tied on as possible. The more scrap strips tied onto the hoop the fluffier the wreath will be.

I hope you will use my Upcycled Rainbow Scrap Wreath with Kunin Felt as a jumping-off point to showcase YOUR earth-friendly craftiness. Mini embroidery hoops tied with scraps of felt would make perfect napkin rings or even ornaments. Creatively, Beth

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

I’ve never heard of this brand felt, where can it be found? Sweet little wreath by the way

• Beth @CreativelyBeth
      Beth @CreativelyBeth

Kunin Felt can be purchased online, but it is also the brand of felt craft sheets and yardage that is carried by Joann and Micheal's (at Micheal's under the Creatology brand)

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

Thanks Beth! I’ve been buying it all along and didn’t know it🤪

• Kelly
    Kelly

Great way to use up scraps! So versatile.... can do color combinations to match decor, flag design, color family like multiple blues, team colors, so many possibilities.

• Kelly
      Kelly

I'm not into sports at all so I wouldn't but I can see others doing it.

Thank you for sharing this!