Pretty Spring Wreath

$25

I made a pretty Spring wreath using flowers from Michael’s Store but you could use the same technique with flowers from your favorite shop.

I’ve had bright pink on my mind this Spring and I was thrilled to find so many pretty stems in one spot! (I have to admit I went one step further, it was pouring out so I had it same day delivered…my new favorite thing!!)

I’ve had my Forsythia wreath up for awhile and it’s time for a switch.

Don’t worry…I’m not going to try and shove ALL those flowers into this wreath!!! I will be using them for a few different projects for Spring.

For this wreath I’m using a 24″ grapevine wreath...I wanted a big, bold statement.

How I make a wreath:

My formula for putting a wreath together is to start with the showstoppers that I want to be the centerpiece of the wreath. For this wreath it is the bright pink and light pink peonies.

I also use an odd number of stems for the showstoppers; 3 of the big bright and light pink peonies.

Using floral wire cutters I cute each stem from the bunch. Then I find the spot I want the flower and tuck the wire into the grapvine to secure it in place.

I don’t use hot glue in case I want to take the wreath apart and use the stems someplace else next year, but if you want a more permanent wreath then hot glue away!

After I had the peonies in place I started to fill in around them with some of the other smaller florals.

I’m using yellow and white flowers to play off the pinks. I tucked in yellow anemone flowers along with a few white poppies.

Oh, these little pink rose picks remind me of beach roses! They have some eucalyptus attached to them too. One went at each end of the wreath.

To finish filling in the wreath I wanted to add a couple different textures. The white thistle balls and coral berries, pink cosmos, and a few sprigs of colored lavender added some more interest to the Spring wreath.

Lastly, I added some ribbon. I picked a burlap with black dots; an unexpected choice but it gives a little pop.

For this simple bow I gathered the ribbon and made 3 equal sized loops then secured the bottom with a pipe cleaner. Then used the pipe cleaner to attach the ribbon to the grapevine wreath.

Isn’t it pretty!!

It’s so easy to make a really stunning wreath on your own…have you seen some of the prices for those Etsy wreaths??? You can make this beauty for a fraction of the cost and in under 20 minutes!!

Check out my Vintage Spring Porch to get some more inspiration for your outdoor decorating!

The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Jennifer Howard| Cottage On Bunker Hill

• Kim
    Kim

Just gorgeous! Where do you get your flowers etc...?

• Kim
      Kim

Thanks, Karen, sometimes I read way too fast!