Coastal Dresser

3 materials
$250
1 Day

You don’t find pieces like this anymore. When I saw it at our local thrift store I fell in love, but it was a little pricey so I went home I thought about it. It could’ve been snapped up because it’s absolutely gorgeous. I went back the next day and it was still there so I bought it!

I’m not a fan of the color or finish. Coastal design is my style so I planned on painting it. Using krud kutter I cleaned the whole piece to remove at old dirt and residue. Removed all hardware.

The details on this piece are so amazing. I knew once painted I would distress it and have all of the details pop!

The hardware alone is just stunning!

Look at this design, so beautiful and grand!

I’ve chosen a very light sage color, I wanted it to be fresh and have a coastal feel!

Here it is! All painted and absolutely gorgeous!

I removed all of the hardware painted it, then distressed it to show the gorgeous details.

Once painted, I waxed it using Vera thane wax from the Home Depot.

I sanded the edges to add depth and detail using a fine sand block before waxing.

Look at those gorgeous legs! Such detail went into furniture back then. I love bringing them back to life!

The color is fresh and just perfect for this piece!

I chose a light color because this piece is heavy and large, so doing a light color doesn’t weigh it down.

i love how it looks now! So fresh and interesting.

Spruce it up with coastal accessories to give it more character.

Gorgeous dove tail constructed drawers are perfectly put together and deep enough for small blankets.

I hope I’ve inspired you to paint something. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 22 comments
Next