How to Make Teeny, Tiny, Mushrooms for Your Fairy Garden

3 materials
$1

In my humble opinion, no fairy creation would be complete without the addition of a few teeny, tiny, magical mushrooms.

Aren't they adorable. To put things in perspective those little mushrooms are only as big as my pinkie nail

And they're soooooooo easy to make too. All you need is a glue gun, some aluminum foil, toothpicks, and craft paint. Place the aluminum foil on a flat surface and make a few round glue blobs with your glue gun.

Wait for the glue to dry and paint the glue blobs in a bright, happy fairy color. I painted mine red but you can make them whatever color you want.

Let the paint dry and then dip a toothpick into some white craft paint.

Use the paint-dipped toothpick to make a few small, random dots all over the painted blobs.

Once the paint dries, gently peel the mushroom heads off the foil.

And finally, cut the tips off a toothpick and insert them into the mushroom heads to create a stalk.

Easy right?  If you'll be using the teeny mushrooms in an outside garden, you can seal them with clear outdoor varnish or mod podge.

I added these little ones around the base of a working miniature grandfather clock.......

.... but they look just as cute around our repurposed fairy bridge.

Where would you put yours?

Michelle Leslie

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 16 comments
Next