Old Dresser Turned Laundry Station!!!

3 materials
$70

Do you have an old dresser laying around?

Don’t throw it out!!!!

When I redid our master bedroom and added a gorgeous DIY mantle, I had to move our old chunky dresser out of the room.

Subject in question.

In our upstairs, we have a little nook, that I never knew what to do with. It was the perfect spot to move to dresser too, until I figured out what I was going to do with it.

I went back and forth with the idea of donating it or breaking it into pieces for the dump.

DONATE. DESTROY. DIY

In came the lightbulb idea of changing it into a laundry station!

Laundry has always been a major chore and with clothes all over the place, in multiple baskets, and piles building up. I knew that having a one place station would make a huge impact on our family!

First step was to gut the dresser:

To make it even more functional with added storage, I decided to keep the two bottom drawers. This would require a shelf to be added and nailed in place.

I picked up a thin piece of wood from our local home improvement store and cut out the necessary pieces to have it fit like a glove.

On the insides of the dresser, there were holes from when we removed the drawers.

We used wooden pegs and plastic pin feet to fill these with some wood glue.

Next up, I used my all time favorite paint which requires no sanding and no priming!! Jolie Paints for the win!!!

For the laundry hampers, these three are from IKEA. I love that they have removable bags inside that can also be washed.

Then I added a few fun styling touches to the top and voila! You have yourself a clean, organized laundry station!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 11 comments
Next