DIY Boho Solar Lights

7 materials
$15

I am so excited to team up with several of my blogging buddies for a Solar Light Challenge! My sweet friend, Terrie from Decorating and More with Tip heads us up! Did you come here from my friend, Liberty’s blog? I am loving what she came up with for our challenge!!

I knew I wanted to make some kind of outdoor light to hang outside above our boho hammock! I came up with the idea of a boho solar light to fit the bill!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

The rules were as follows: The rules were that we had to make a indoor or outdoor item with solar lights! Plus we needed to keep it budget friendly! Challenge accepted!

SUPPLIES

Wood Embroidery Hoops 12 inches

Spray Paint

Wire

Twine

Rope

Small Screws

Drill

LET’S GET TO WORK

Head on over to my instagram and you can watch my reel of how my husband and I diy’ed our solar light fixtures! First, spray painted my embroidery hoops, leaving them to dry for about ten minutes.

Next, my husband drilled two holes into the sides of each of the solar lights so that we could insert the wire through to tie onto our embroidery hoops.

Next, we drilled a small hole for a screw to insert into the bottom of the light fixture for stability on the two pieces

Next we threaded the wire through the holes of the solar light and wrapped the light around the light fixture, several times, making sure it was secured well.

The next step is to hang the boho solar lights in your outdoor space!

It sure does help to have a husband who enjoys helping out his wife with small projects!

This was a one hour, easy, budget friendly project that we enjoyed doing together on a Sunday afternoon. We took a much needed break from building our barndominium! We spent a total of a whopping $15 on all three lights, since I had some items already on hand!

Our whole family loves this little space! The girls lvoe the boho solar lights and the ambiance it adds to our new backyard!

I would love for you to check out my friends to see what they have come up with for their project as well! I know you won’t be disappointed! My friend Kelli’s project turned out amazing!! Don’t miss it!

❤️~Shae

DECORATEANDMOREWITHTIP | PURPLEHUESANDME | PATINAANDPAINT | THEHOUSEHOUSE

PAULASHANDMADESPACE | B4ANDAFTERS | SWEETSOUTHERNGRACE | KSOLYMPICNEST

Shae

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 16 comments
Next