Farmhouse Style Books Using Dollar Tree Items

3 materials
$4

I love the layered books, farmhouse style look. But not the price...

So I made the same thing using all dollar tree items.

I bought 3 of these books at dollar tree. I liked these best as no in printed lettering as in most hard cover books. These are completely flat.

Using white chalk paint, I painted the side of 2 books and spine. The one book the sides and cover. Remember only one book (the top) will be showing 100%. One layer covered the books but I did 2 just in case.

All painted and just allow to dry.

This is the white chalk paint I use. From Walmart and lasts forever!!! $3.97 I believe.

Once dry I got glued the books together. Making sure the top is the book that is fully painted.

Once glued I cut the dollar tree ribbon to glue around the books.

All glued.

This is the bottom of the books and secured ribbon.

I decided to add some dollar tree flowers I had. It just seemed to need them. But you could leave off.

All finished and you could leave just like this. But I decided to use my cricut and add some vinyl. I understand not everyone has a cricut, so know that it looks great without also. Next picture shows with cricut lettering.

This is the design I decided to do using my cricut. Turned out well I think.

this took no time to make and looks I feel as good as the store bought. In total I spent $4.00 for this item (books, flowers)

• Books   (Dollar tree)
  • Chalk paint   (Walmart)
  • Flowers   (Dollar tree)

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next