Tablecloth for a Patio Table

2 materials
$8

Hey there! Welcome to Decorate and More with Tip!

This post may contain affiliate links. Click {{ HERE}} for full disclosure.

While shopping in Ross one day I found a shower curtain for $7.99. Are you asking why I chose to use a shower curtain for my tablecloth? The reason…because it is a waterproof material, it has the look of cloth but the durability of vinyl. A WIN-WIN!!

• Tablecloth of your choice
  • nylon rope
  • scissors
  • sewing machine or fusible tape and an iron

Instruction:

Unfold the shower curtain, center it on the table.

Cut off the bulk of the curtain leaving a 10 -12 inch drop from the bottom edge of the table.

Remove the curtain from the table, folded over the edge 2 ½ inches, sew a basic stitch to the fold to form a pocket. Leaving a 2 inch opening.

I am using a nylon rope, nylon will withstand moisture, to avoid dry rot. Adding a loop knot to the end to help threading through the sewn pocket.

Thread the knot through the opening.

Threading the rope into the pocket I gather the pocket holding onto the knot of the rope.

Feeding the knot through the pocket by pulling the knot through the gathered pocket.

Repeating the above steps feeding the rope through to the opening.

That’s it.

Application:

Place the fitted tablecloth to the table.

Take the two rope ends pulling tightly to make the cloth a tight fit around the table. Tie the ends together and cut off the excess. Tucking the rope tie into the inner tablecloth.

This is how it should look under the table.

Now style your table as you please, enjoy!!

Decorate and More with Tip

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 58 comments
Next