Drawer Planters

6 materials
$40

I'm always trying to reuse items instead of them ending up in the trash. I actually grabbed the drawers from the side of the road before the garbage man got them! 😂

I started with two drawers that looked like they had a full life previously. 🙄 The paint job wasn't quite my style. They were a good size though.

No fancy paint job this time. I just grabbed a can of white spray paint and covered the previous artwork. These drawers didn't have hardware..so I grabbed some from my stash and put them on after the paint dried.

Since the drawers were pretty deep..I filled the bottom with plastic bottles I had in my recycling bin. It will fill the space and help with drainage.

I had some landscaping cloth in my barn and covered the bottles before I poured soil.

I layered a little soil before adding plants.

I took the plants out of the containers and split the bottom roots so they could grow.

After planting the flowers, I added more soil to fill the drawers. I left a little room so they could get bigger and I might add more plants in the back.

Simple, cheap and pretty. Since I had everything already, I only had to pay for the flowers.

*note: I'm only using these for one season. For longer use..you may want to use an outdoor sealer.

I'm hoping the paint chips away and my plants grow over the edge as Spring weather improves here in Maryland.

I'm not an expert by any means ..but these petunias are so hearty that they make me look like I know what I'm doing! 😂🤣

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 6 questions

Comments

2 of 43 comments
Next