DIY Floor Pillow – the Easiest Summer Hack

3 materials
$1

For me, summer is all about sitting on the floor. I basically exist within 3 feet off the ground for a few months. It's so much more natural and comfortable when it’s hot than sitting in chairs and outdoor sofas! You can sit up, you can recline, you can lounge, you’re FREE! With this DIY floor pillow idea, you will get your entire party something to sit on in no time (and barely any money!).

Find the detailed step-by-step here!

All you need for this project are some thick chair cushions to upcycle into Boho floor pillows. Just cut the tails used to tie the cushion to the chair and you're ready!

First, use thin jute twine to make 4 tassels about 2 to 3″ (5 to 7cm) tall. If you need a detailed step-by-step to make tassels, feel free to visit the blog post for more pictures!

Now, pierce the chair cushion fabric right at the corner with a sharp pair of scissors or a bamboo skewer. Insert the tassel tail and knot to secure the tassel.

Next, cut an 8″ (20cm) long piece of thick jute twine. Glue it in a loop with the ends meeting the tassel in the corner of the cushion. 

Then, cut two 6 1/4″ (16cm) pieces of thick jute yarn and glue them on each side of the central loop.

Finally, cut a longer piece of thick jute and glue it at the back of the cushion corner near the tassel. Start wrapping the twine upward. I did no more than 4 wraps before gluing the jute at the back of the cushion and cutting it short.

That’s all! As promised, it’s a very simple hack to quickly upcycle some plain chair cushions into Boho floor pillows.

We did a test drive and we’re happy to report they’re fantastic! Hot glue is an excellent binder on fabric and jute so the corner decorations are holding strong.

Find me on Pinterest for more easy DIY ideas! 

VeryLiv

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 9 comments
Next