Farmhouse Stool

4 materials
$30

I took an old counter height wooden stool and gave it an update to use in the guest bath.

Here is the finished stool. I "shopped" my home for the basket and the enamel ware was my husband's mother's piece. The bathmat is rolled up and ready for use.

The stool - it's about 30 years old and beat up from multiple military moves. Time to redo and reuse.

I lightly sanded the stool using 220 grit sandpaper. I then painted a base coat of charcoal gray/black chalk paint. Then followed up with three coats of pure white chalk paint.

I lightly sanded using a 320 grit sanding sponge block to expose the charcoal paint. I then sprayed three coats of polycrylic to seal. It is a quick and easy project and doesn't take long if you don't count the drying time between coats! I let it dry overnight between the charcoal final coat and the start of the white paint coats. And then I let dry overnight between the final white coat and the polycrylic. I also waited a couple of days before using in the bath so that the paint/polycrylic would cure.

Another look at the finished project.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 6 comments
Next