Coasters to Door Handles

2 materials
$20

I just finished doing an entryway makeover and added some hidden shoe storage. I wanted some unique handles and looked everywhere in store and online but didn’t find any I loved. I had these coasters laying around that made a lightbulb go off!

I loved the look of them and knew they would be perfect on the cabinet. These coasters are slate with a wood inlay. Luckily I was able to drill through the wood to connect them.

I began by screwing in from the back of the pegboard using pre-existing holes.

I screwed until the screws just broke through so that I could line the coaster up straight.

It happened perfectly that the holes lined up on the back pegboard and with the wood inlay in the coaster.

I then clamped the coaster on to prevent it from moving while I drilled through.

I drilled slowly to prevent the wood cracking.

I love how they turned out as handles and finished off the hidden shoe storage perfectly! The fun thing about this is that it may inspire you to think outside the box for your next project!

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 3 comments
Next