Gardener's Hand Scrub Recipe

$5

How to make a gardener's hand scrub recipe. This is a simple recipe that uses Epsom salt and sugar to scrub away dirt and an oil to nourish the skin.

My hands get dirty from dirt and plant matter when I'm gardening. Even after washing, my hands get stained. This is an easy to make hand scrub. I used both Epsom salt and sugar to exfoliate. Epsom salt does a better job exfoliating, but it's harsher than sugar. Using both gives you the best of both worlds. I also added aloe to soothe your skin. The fractioned coconut oil nourishes skin, and the essential oil blend promotes healing. Be sure to read my gardener's hand scrub recipe to learn about the carrier oil and essential oil I used.

To make this scrub, you will need:

• 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup Epsom salt
  • 1/2 cup fractionated coconut oil
  • 3 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
  • 10 drops Bumps and Boo Boos essential oil blend

Combine the Epsom salt and sugar in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add the fractionated coconut oil, honey, and aloe. Add the essential oils.

Stir well to combine everything. Then place in a small jar.

To use, scoop out 2 tablespoons and gently scrub your hands. I use it after washing my hands. Then rinse and towel dry your hands. The oil will stay on your hands, but it soaks in quickly.

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Everything Pretty

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question
  • Andrea Andrea on May 19, 2021

Where or when does the honey go into this? Honey is never mentioned when telling how to put this together.

Comments

2 comments
  • Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on May 22, 2021

Thanks! I never wear gloves while gardening as I love the feel of the soil in my hands. This will help my always stained fingers lol!

• Shannon Stordock Hecht Shannon Stordock Hecht on Jun 11, 2021

This will be so much better than bleach for my poor, stained hands!

Next