DIY Painted Cacti Rocks

7 materials

Do you love plants but are notoriously bad at keeping any alive, even succulents? Yeah, that's me so cactus rocks are the best!

I love the look of these!

These are great for some random bits of color indoors or outside on your deck. Maybe even for party decor! Super easy even for kids to do!

Gather supplies

Oblong rocks are my fave but roundish ones work as well.

Pull out a variety of green acrylic paints from your craft room for the body of the rock. I like using paint pens or permanent markers for the detailing but a little paint brush and acyrlic paints work too.

Fill pots with pebbles

Terracotta clay pots are cheap and look good as is or you can paint them! Drop in a few handfuls of pebbles into the pot to nestle your cactus in.

Paint your rocks green

It really looks like a pickle  when you paint an oblong rock green, haha! Sponge brushes are great for this kind of thing.

Add details

Sharpie pens and paint pens both work well for the cactus details. You can do little asteriks, lines, checks, dots, flowers, etc.

Add more details

Layer on the details or go simple. A variety in your pot will look awesome!

Cuter then Groot!

You can even pot a lil' baby cacti!

Water not needed

I love painting rocks and it's actually pretty easy and best of all- Water not needed!

SUPER EASY & CHEAP PROJECTS ROCK- especially if you use rocks!

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next