Front Porch Refresh With PAINT

2 materials
$20

I love a good refresh and I love it even more when I can pull off a quick inexpensive project. I gave my front porch a whole new look using paint! Paint is one of the cheapest, easiest, most impactful ways to change your home.

BEFORE. I loved the sage green but it didn’t compliment our brick as much as I’d like. Its amazing how color choice can make such a difference... just wait!

To add a unique element to this boring patio I decided to stencil the concrete. I’m not sure how my HOA will feel about it but I’m using regular wall paint in case I don’t like it or need to remove it. That way I can pressure wash it right off. If I was looking for something more permanent I would use a concrete specific paint or look into sealing it.

First things first. With any painted floors you want to clean them first so that the paint sticks well and is free of debris.

I made sure to give it a quick scrub with soap and water.

Now about that door color... I went with “Ocean Swell” by Behr. Its a great denim color and I think the gray undertones will coordinate better with my brick. Again I’m using regular wall paint. There are exterior door specific paints out there but I’ve always had great luck with wall paint on my doors. The last color lasted 2 years with no chipping!

Peep the doggy checking in on me 😝

For the concrete stencil I just lightly rolled it on. I wanted the distressed look so I wasn't worried about getting it too perfect. However the concrete was a pretty rough surface so the detailed lines in the pattern didnt show up. A stiff bristled brush may have been better to get in all the concrete grooves but the roller was nice and quick. For a minute I was worried it was looking a bit “Fourth of July” with the blue door, red brick, and white stars.

Noooo kitty!

It turned out pretty dang cute right! I’m loving this door color so much more and the stenciled concrete gives this area a little extra fun!

My door mat is linked here

The stencil I used linked here

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 17 comments
Next