Easy To Make - Rustic Wood Disc Wreath For Your Door

4 materials
$3

Last year, hubby cut down a medium sized tree in our yard. Thankfully, I had him save some branches for possible future projects, so this wood has been drying out for quite awhile now (you want dry wood for this project).

We ended up redoing our little front porch and painting our front door, so I wanted a new wreath to go with the new look. That's when we thought to chop up that old wood and make a wreath! Best part about this wreath is that it's a perfect year round decor piece! You can decorate it for each holiday/season!

Here's how we made it ....

*Price is based off of the cost of the glue since we already had the circular saw, cardboard came from a box that was shipped to me, and wood came from our yard, so those items cost nothing.

If you don't have a circular saw, you can use a jigsaw, chainsaw, handsaw, but those tools will either take longer or not give perfect straight cuts. We do recommend any diy'er to invest in a circular saw since it is used for so many different projects

Our door was originally a plain white, and since hubby and I both love bright colors, we went with a beautiful teal color!

If interested, this color is called Steel Teal made by Frenchic Furniture Paint. It's from their Al Fresco Range which is a super durable indoor/outdoor paint

A decor piece for the door makes a huge difference!

Grab a large piece of cardboard and cut out a circle using a box knife or a sharp pair of scissors, whichever is easier for you.

*Tip*

I held the piece of cardboard up on my door to get an idea of the size I want my wreath to be. I then marked on the cardboard where I'd like the top of the wreath to be and the bottom as well as each side. This was my guide when cutting the circle. Our circle is 20" in diameter

Then cut out the center so that you have a 1.5-2 inch thick ring

Cut a bunch of wood discs using a circular saw. You want different sizes and shapes for a unique look. We used 14 large-medium discs and 14 small discs with a few extra small discs thrown in.

You want the large and medium sized discs to mostly cover the width of the cardboard ring

First, do a dry fit. Lay out the large and medium sized discs all around the cardboard ring

Once you have that first layer dry fitted the way you like, pick up one piece at a time and apply some E6000 glue where it comes into contact with the cardboard.

Then press it back down into place.

You can also put a dab of E6000 on the side contact points where each disc meets for extra hold.

Do a dry fit for the second layer, and again, use E6000 to glue the second layer discs into place.

Allow to dry overnight, then hang it on your door and enjoy!

You can also use some floral wire to tie on a red white and blue bow for 4th of July, fall leaves for Thanksgiving, poinsettias for Christmas ect..

Anything that you add with look beautiful on a neutral wreath like this

Thanks for reading!

We hope you've enjoyed this tutorial 😁

If you'd like to see more of our home decor and even refinished furniture, visit our Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/deerrunrevamps/?ref=bookmarks

You can check out our Etsy shop for all kinds of craft supplies as well as the paint used on our door

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerRunRevamps

My new look for July 4th ♥️

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 17 comments
Next