I Love a Good Flip

7 materials
$75

I purchased this 6 drawer Bassett dresser on the Facebook marketplace. I knew it was in rough shape but know it could be sanded down and given a new life with a fresh coat of paint.

Before

I started by removing the hardware and started filling up the holes with wood filler. Once that was dry I started sanding down the drawers. I used my orbital sander and sandpaper grit 120/220/320 to get a smooth surface.

Here the dresser was mostly sanded down. As you can tell it had light wood underneath, so I decided that I will lighten it even further with a white wash ( half part white paint half part water)

You apply that as a stain. Brush it on then wipe down the excess. I used frogtape to mark out my design on the drawers. These stripes were strategically placed to cover the previous holes as well as the drawer damages where I needed to use wood filler.

I put on new hardware that I ordered from Amazon and I applied a clear coat.

If you like this transformation and would like to follow for more tips and tricks in real time follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next