Creating a She Shed/Craft Shack - The Interior Revamp

2 materials
$100

Since buying my home, I have always wanted a workshop/craft space. Nothing extravagant, just somewhere that I can piddle and work on projects in my spare time. Ideally I would have loved to construct a garage, but the cost to construct a garage on our property just wasn’t worth it in the long-run. That being the case, I knew that I was going to have to get creative if I wanted to construct/have a workshop/crafting space. One early Saturday morning while everyone else was still asleep, as I stared out the window watching the birds and sipping on my coffee (sounds relaxing, right?! My favorite kind of mornings!) I suddenly had the idea to turn my 8x8 shed into a me-space”…no a “she-space”….oooh…no no… A “SHED SHED/CRAFT SHACK”!!! I purchased this shed a few months prior to this day from my local community college. I got an absolute deal on this shed and was ecstatic that I would be able to get even more use than I anticipated out of it! My absolute first step was to get rid of some of the shelves and items that I had stored in the shed. This is just the first step in my She Shed conversion, but here is how I did it!

The before....

The before....

The before....

As you can see, this shed was nothing special, but I felt sure that with a good cleanup, some paint, and new flooring it would be a great space.

After a good clean out, my next step was to get some paint up on the walls to hopefully achieve a more open and airy feeling. I purchased this paint sprayer from Amazon for $50, and it worked amazing!! It made the job so much faster, and I am currently on a mission to spray paint EVERYTHANG!!! icon

I gave the walls one solid coat of paint. Because the wood only has 1 coat it has a whitewashed look that I love.

My last step in painting was to paint the the ceiling. I will confess that I dreaded this step. I was sure that it was going to be a long and tedious process, but with the paint sprayer, I was done in no time.

I don't know why I am surprised every time by the power of paint, but this little shed feels HUGE now!

Next up was to add flooring. These peel and stick vinyl floor tiles were on clearance for $.79 each at Lowes.

These tiles are essentially giant stickers. You peel off the back paper......

....And just press them into place!

I adhered them directly to the subfloor.

They look so good!!! icon

After adding a small cut out for an a/c unit, I was done!

I still want to add some decals/art to the pegboards, a simple chandelier to fancy it up a bit, and I ordered a rolling workbench with a wood top (to replace the brown dresser that I have off to the right) to store all my supplies, but that’s it!! A super simple, inexpensive upgrade to a small shed!

Done...

• Peel and Stick vinyl planks   (Lowes)
  • Paint   (Walmart)

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

4 comments
Next