Easy DIY USA Sign

2 materials
$5

I realized the other day when organizing my holiday decor, that I only had a sad little box of patriotic decorations. I decided that I needed to add some more red, white & blue decor. Here I will show you how I turned a pair of American Flag Swim Trunks into an easy DIY USA sign.

Step 1 – American Flag Fabric

I didn’t have much luck at the store finding American flag fabric, so when I ran into the thrift store and saw these swim trunks hanging up I grabbed them right away!

You don’t need to use swim trunks, there are a ton of different things you can use to recreate this sign.

Here are some other fabrics you can use:

• Old T-Shirts
  • Bandanas
  • Mini-Flags
  • Plain Red, White & Blue Fabric Strips
  • Patriotic Printed Fabric Squares
  • Scrapbook Paper Patriotic
  • American Flag Gift Bags

As you can see there are a lot of different options out there.

Step 3 – Find Board To Use As Backing

I have had this random wood sign sitting in my craft storage room for a long time! I was glad to finally put it to good use.

You can make your own wood sign with pallet board or scrap wood or you can buy a pre-made one like this.

You can use this to decorate for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day!

Step 4 – Attach Fabric To Wood Sign

I thought about using mod podge to attach these but instead went with the handy glue gun. This was quick and easy – just how I like it!

Step 5- DIY USA Sign Letters

For the letters, I used this cord. You can also use some twine, but for this project, I preferred something a bit more heavy.

I just kinda eyeballed the sizes. Make sure to dry-fit them all before gluing anything down. There is also no need to glue the entire letter, just put a dab of hot glue on the ends and one in the middle and you won’t have to worry about a glob of glue getting everywhere.

There you have it! This was such a simple DIY Project. Soon I will show you what I made with the leftover fabric I had :)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out this DIY USA Sign! Make sure to take a look at some other easy DIY projects you can make.

Make sure to follow on Pinterest & Instagram For More DIY Inspiration.

Brooke Grasley @ Restore Decor And More

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next