Would You Believe, A Brick Patio in a Weekend? Most Definitely, Yes!

3 materials
$200

Are You Looking for More Outdoor Entertaining Space? Oh Good! Me Too!

Maybe You have a Small Section of Dirt Just Sitting Doing Nothing.

Our Eyesore Dirt Patch is Just Off the Patio.

This is Prime Real Estate that Needs Some Major Oomph.

It Needs BRICKS!

You Can Create a Brick Patio in a Weekend!

It is Easy and Fast! Ready, Set, Go!

First, Rake the Area to Try to Level the Ground Just a Bit.

Order the Cheapest Bricks the Brick Yard has to Offer. Delivery is “almost” Free.

This Space is 10 Feet x 14 Feet. 140 Square Feet. 400 Bricks Arrive on 2 Pallets.

Hello Weekend! 🙂

An Easy Brick Pattern is the BASKET WEAVE.

2 Bricks Vertical. 2 Bricks Horizontal.

Each Brick Weighs about 8 lbs. They Are Heavy.

One Brick at a Time is the Best Brick-Laying Method.

Work Gloves Help Too. Amazon LINK.

Slow and Steady Wins this Race. The Surface Leveling May be a Bit Wonky. But Wonky is OK.

Once You Get the Rhythm, the Brick Laying Moves More and More Quickly.

Almost Done!

Next Up is to Fill in the Spaces Between the Bricks with SAND.

We Use About 4 Wagon Loads of Sand to Fill in the Spaces.

The Sand will Harden and Keep the Bricks in Place.

Sweep the Sand into the Spaces.

Final Step is to Lightly Hose Down the Surface. This Completes the Hardening Process.

Beautiful and Fast!

You Are Ready to Decorate! And Relax!

Silk Parasols for Shade. Amazon LINK.

Here’s to a Happy Summer Filled with Magic!

With Shaded Sunshine on Your Head and Bricks at Your Feet!

Magical!

Stop by Doodle T and Me! for all the Magic!

Doodle T and Me!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 17 comments
  • Lisa West Lisa West on Jun 10, 2021

I think wonky is really cool. Especially if your into old world style. Then a little winky is good and not lazy as it is representing a area of time. I think if you add in some poles at the corners and add some lines and sheer material you could have yourself a nice ancient Rome or Greece type of patio and add some light using some type of fire, make sure the fire is contained so not to catch the curtains in fire. Would be a fun way to have a party. Have 3very one dress up in Rome or Greece style and have some kind of pool in the back yard. Maybe a cow or horse trouph. Deco that up for the party then you have a Roman bath. Lol would be a fun BBQ anniversary adult birthday party. The 4 of July is coming up also if you quick there is that new holiday June teeth. Unsure about what that holiday is, I'm thinking it might be a but the slqves being free in America. As I said I'm not sure as I have only heard about it on the news last month. So please any one don't jump down my throat for not knowing the full details. As for this lovely patio I like it, make those memories and have fun. Dont forget to pits some plants and flowers. We must keep the honey bees healthy.

• Doodle T and Me! Doodle T and Me! on Jun 10, 2021

Hi Lisa - I love your sense of style and fun! Actually, this mini-patio was installed to be the stock tank/pool area. Hello July 4th! Thanks for your fun comments. Jeanne - Doodle T and Me!

Next