How to stop a reclining chair from sliding ?

+6

We purchased a rocker recliner - it has a smooth, round wooden base. It slides backwards every time we sit down! We tried non-slip mesh (the kind we use under the computer) but no luck. Any suggestions?

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 22, 2021

Perhaps a small rug or carpet remnant. Put the non slip material on the underside of it. I did that on ours several years ago and it fixed it and prevent scarring the flooring.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Jun 22, 2021

What about using the felt strips that stick onto the bottom of furniture legs? I know they make them rather large.

• Janice Janice on Jun 22, 2021

If you can locate some rubber bumper stoppers similar to what those slide under door stops are made of, that will work beautifully. Also, some of the silicone gloves or hot pads would like work when cut to the size of the smooth wood feet. Hope this helps!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jun 22, 2021

Hello. I often use a yoga mat sometimes cutting up strips for anti-slip securing or padding. Very often yoga mats are at the thrift store for a few dollars.

Something you may wish to consider. It is a bit more substantial than mesh and meant to be used on a hard floor surface

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Jun 22, 2021

There are rubber fittings you can buy to attach to the legs of furniture to prevent slipping. Home Depot etc carry them.

• William William on Jun 22, 2021

Try putting some stick on felt pads around the edges of the base

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jun 23, 2021

Hi Ruthie

your question has posted several times and I see you are getting answers each time

• Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Jun 27, 2021

Try some stick on Velcro.