Curtains or day and night blinds?

+9

I want to upgrade our windows and french door dressings and I saw these day and night blinds. Shall I ditch the curtains and replace everything with the blinds?

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 24, 2021

Could you post a picture of what you saw, there are multiple versions of day/night blinds and we'd love to help you with your decision.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Jun 24, 2021

why not both? I think a mixture of curtains and blinds can be very beautiful!

• While blinds offer more privacy and control the light coming it, I like the softness of curtains. You could use both.

• Janice Janice on Jun 24, 2021

The blinds will work well and provide exactly what is needed; however, curtains will give your home a "softer" look. Truly is your personal preference. And as other's have said, you can do both!

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jun 24, 2021

blinds are a pain to clean and to me you could use blinds or nice curtains that let in light or use those that filter light it depends on what look you are going for

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 24, 2021

I have 4 bedrooms that have nothing but blinds and I like the clean look. If you don't like it, you can always add a valance or curtains as well. I have 1 bedroom that has a valance because it's over a long wall and looked a bit bare.

• Mogie Mogie on Jun 24, 2021

I have replaced nearly all my blinds in my house. We heat with wood and have a gravel company near us so we have LOTS of dust. I got tired of taking the blinds down and washing them every year (after wild fires every week).

I have curtains in the front window with sheers (ombre) so during the day when the curtains are open I can keep the sheers drawn for privacy but still allowing light in and I can see outside.

Blinds have the slats that are angled and those slats seem to attrat dust.

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 24, 2021

Hi Sheila: Well, it's a personal preference. I like curtains because they are easier to clean and you can get blackout curtains if you want darkness in your room. I have horizontal blinds in the bathroom and in 1 bed room. They need to be cleaned often, because of the dust coming in the house in the summer, and its a mess. I like the clean look of blinds, but not the cleaning :( The bedroom window is nearly 4 feet wide, and the blinds are difficult to clean and are probably going to be removed in favour of curtains. But, if you don't mind the cleaning, I'd go ahead with the blinds. I will say that vertical blinds are much easier to clean than the horizontal ones, and may replace the bedroom blinds with vertical ones. So, that's my take on this, hope it helped.

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Jun 29, 2021

You could still use curtains if you wanted

• It’s definitely a personal preference and you should go with the look and function that best makes you happy. Blinds are a serious pain to clean, I will say that.

• Would definitely agree with above statement, it's totally a personal preference Go with something you love😊.