Roadside Find Re-Do/ Kid's Chalkboard table

I found this one on the side of the road and knew I had to give it a new life, I also used a few new techniques and tricks to help me turn this into something we love for $0!
{homemade wood filler from sawdust and glue, and distress like a pro with Vaseline}
Homemade wood filler....saw dust and Elmer's Glue...mix, fill in hole and it dries in minutes! Sand to make smooth and get to work!
Vaseline....my favorite distressing tool!
After the spray paint was dry, I wiped the areas where I added the Vaseline with a paper towel to reveal the dark paint underneath
I painted the areas of the table that I wanted to distress with dark brown crafts paint....added a thin layer of Vaseline over the painted areas and then gave it a few coats of Antique White Spray Paint
chippy look using vaseline
chippy look using vaseline
Liam loves it!
Liam loves it!
Before....found on the side of the road
Before....found on the side of the road
Carmella C