Dining Room Help - do you like this color? At first she didn't but it's growing on her. Wants to update curtains.

B1doyleMarlene HaighJeannie
+88

She's thinking cobalt blue and orange curtains. She wants to paint the cream china cabinet. Any suggestions?
q dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting, Opinions on wall color at first she didn t like but it s growing on her She wants to paint the cream cabinet on the right and update the beige curtains she s thinking cobalt and orange Any thoughts or suggestions
Opinions on wall color (at first she didn't like but it's growing on her). She wants to paint the cream cabinet (on the right) and update the beige curtains - she's thinking cobalt and orange. Any thoughts or suggestions?
q dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting, What color would you paint this cream china cabinet She s thinking cobalt orange curtains
What color would you paint this cream china cabinet? She's thinking cobalt/orange curtains.
q dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting, Wants to incorporate cobalt orange into this room Thoughts
Wants to incorporate cobalt/orange into this room. Thoughts?
q dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting, Paint ideas for the cream china cabinet
Paint ideas for the cream china cabinet?
30 of 86 answers
  • Julie Rice

The white cabinets and trim look great with that green. Paint the china cabin the same white if you plan to paint it. Bing some f the green color into the curtain and it will look great.

• Kyla Wootton

I did this green color with turquoise, gray. I added navy blue curtains. I have black floors and it feels very modern but retains a warmth and playfulness.

• Kyla Wootton

Here is my room with that green color, and the gray and turquoise.

q dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting, This my music room dining room We mixed the green with a gray and a turquoise wallq dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting, This is the armoire turned craft closet I painted it the gray of the accent wallq dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting, This is our homeschool area The floors are black and we find the room to be at once stimulating but easy to be in
  • Barbara

change the fabric on the chairs to incorporate the orange she wants

• Designs By Lynn

I would Definately paint the chairs, probably the cobalt blue and then get a bold fabric with blue/ orange or green to cover the cushions. Right now the white on the chairs blend too much with the moulding. Curtains I would do a white with orange geometric shape. I would stain the cabinet the dark color of the table. Paint the back of the cabinets inside behind the shelves orange. I would Definately get a rug with all the colors incorporated in it, and use the blue and orange, yellow, to accessorize with decor in the cabinets, plates, etc.

• Designs By Lynn

@colleen, the cabinet I would stain, I said to make it match the table but I think a med stain color so it looks like a unique antique piece. I think pianist it a bright color would be to overpowering for the room. You could play with the shelf color and background color inside the cabinet. Maybe rough it up a bit to really give it the vintage look. Everything else will be bold and bright, it will be a nice eclectic piece,

• Donna

my suggestion is to paint china cabinet black and keep inside light, put colored dishes ect inside to tie in witness new drapes.

• Betty

I would go with a floral curtain with the colors that you are wishing to incorporate blues, orange, green, yellow and even some red. Recover the chairs is the color that you want to pull out of the curtains the most. Paint the cabinet with orange chalk paint. Can't wait to see what you decide

• Aniko Lightworker

I think a black china cabinet would be a nice balance. White shutters on the bottom half the windows would be beautiful. I would save colorful dishes for the center of your table, where you want your eyes to rest. I love this color. We have it in my husband's office/mud room. Here is a photo I saw today that I loved. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=643164212409700&set=a.128908803835246.19702.128847517174708&type=1&theater

• Aniko Lightworker

Inspiration photo. Saw this today. Don't love the pulls but love the balance.

q dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting
  • Jmarie813

Pale orange-like in the pitcher,or not too bright yellow.

• Janis Hill

These drapes or something similar would be perfect: http://www.houzz.com/photos/829367/Geo-Panels---Sunset-Orange--curtains- I would paint backs of the built in china cabinets cobalt blue then paint the cream china cabinet the same color: cobalt blue. I would change the flowers on the counter out for the pitcher and bowl the owner already owns or either a cobalt blue vase or a blue and white vase. The wine would go on top of the china cabinet and I would hang a fun picture similar to the attached above it. Fun new chair pads and a few accessories placed strategically and the room will be perfect! Oh...one other thing. The drapery panels should be hung high and wide to make the most of the windows> Hope this helps!

q dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, paintingq dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, paintingq dining room help do you like this color at first she didn t but it s growing on, home decor, painting
  • Cathy Lothamer

I would not paint that cabinet, rather introduce accent colors by changing the cushions on the chairs and use pottery and table accessories. The curtains would be too overpowering in a dark color. Someone said long white curtains.....I agree, maybe use colored rings. This is a wonderful room, love it.

• Tonya Williams

Actually, I love the color. Our master bath is Green Apple and at first I didn't like it, but I love it now. I used black and white accents.

• Marlene

Black looks nice with the green. Then wood blinds in the table top, and fan color. Maybe with some sheer curtains, in a pattern, for daytime sun.

• Sarah Peck

I would go with a charcoal black for the cabinet, lightly distressed. Keep the inside white. New long drapes in crisp linen white or white background with a bold black print and tinge of green and/or orange.

• Sharon

I looked at fabric and found the ones with all 3 colors too busy. I would choose cobalt & green Then, maybe use a print with all 3 for the chair cushions. I would also make a roman shade for the short window on the other wall. I would also add bright colored flowers in the vase. I would paint the cabinet white but either use a printed wallpaper (attach to foam board so its changeable) in back or paint the back blue with orange accent pieces inside or the reverse. I also think silver or gray would work too. I also think the table is too dark. A white table cloth stenciled at the edge with fabric paint in her colors would be great. Unless she's willing to paint it! It's ok to use bright colors as long as they're balanced. Even still, my daughter had this color in her bedroom with black & white & loved it, her fiancé hated it. She should love it, and not worry too much about others. That's what makes her style her own. Good luck.

• Debby

Love the way it is!

• Lori

My favourite colour right now, that green, it's so alive and happy. What about painting the cabinet white but incorporate the blue and orange of the curtain colours inside it on the back and shelves somehow?

• Bea Snelleman

Look toward your little jug on the cabinet. All your color choices are right in front of you. There are complimentary colors right in front of you

• Marion Nesbitt

Love the look of the built-ins, woodwork, and freshness of the green paint in this room.. I think I would paint the china cabinet to match the other cabinetry to keep the airy feeling. I would put mirrors on the shelves of the china cabinet. Love Betty H's idea about floral curtains and pulling one of the colours for the chair cushions. .

• Lyn Therese

@Marion Nesbitt I think mirrors are a great idea but with the glass doors on the cabinets, you would lose the reflection some what but how about in the center of the cabinets? Like a back splash. The light from the windows would brighten that wall even more.

• Lyn Therese

I love this look. I would paint the china cabinet white. Then bring in vibrant colors as accent colors. I always think green as a neutral color....an earthy color. I have the same thing in my dining room and brought in an orchid pink and black as a contrast color. With my accessories and my plants, it all ties in. I think you could use gemstone colors.

• Lynn

I would put up floral curtains with the green in them, then you could consider painting the inside back of the cabinets with a color that is in the floral curtains to draw everything together. That cabinet is gorgeous.

• Designs By Lynn

What is the final look that you went with?

• Susanpoole1711

Keep the green walls, Accent thru patterns w/ colbalt and orange. Use more orange in accents than colbalt. Like Bea S said, the colors are really in the pitcher on the cabinet, that I also agree should be white. The inside of the cabinet could however be a soft yellow compliment to the pitcher. Drapes in orange, but with some yellow also.. It would be awesome if the pattern in the pitcher could be repeated somehow throughout room; either in edging in curtains, and/ or on seats. More color in cabinet objects using the colors in pitcher. Good place to add some more cobalt, repeat the green, etc.. However, I'm having a problem visualizing a south of the border flavor in a country kitchen dining room.

• Debby

Paint the china cabinet white white micro shades love the way it looks add cobalt floral arrangement on table no orange good luck!

• Candace Boyer

Black all the way! Green and black together look sophisticated and classy.

• Jeannie

Since it is now June 30th, I assume she finished the kitchen remodel. Can you show us how it turned out?

• Marlene Haigh

bring in the blue definitely

• B1doyle

Use chairs that have upholstery, like parson chairs, and make them the one of the colors, and then use some other accessories for the other color. Flowers in one of the colors would look nice, too.