Wall of built Ins out of IKEA Hemnes cabinets

When renovating my basement I knew I wanted a wall of built ins. Keeping my budget in mind I created that feature using IKEA bookshelves from the Hemnes line. Visit www.no29design.com for more details, pictures and ideas!
Before any work was begun we finished our semi finished basement. Overhead lighting, storage closets and a laundry room were all added to the space. Since this would be the family room I wanted lots of storage as well as display space, and don’t forget the television!
Once the major construction was complete I had a 17 foot wall to create a storage and media unit. I measured about 20 times to make sure I had it right and then purchased 5 pieces from the IKEA Hemnes line.
I purchased units to hold books, games, movies and music. The display shelves hold baskets as well as accessories.
The bookshelves were spaced out to cover the entire 17 foot wall, then finished off with trim and soffits. The gaps between each unit aren’t noticeable with the trim and a fresh coat of white paint.
The space where the wall mounted tv was to be hung was finished with a board and batten pattern to match the rest of the room.
Shelf liner was added to the back of the bookshelves. This helps add some texture to a whole wall of white!
I now have a huge storage and display wall. It is the focal point of the entire room.

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
No. 29 Design

• Mimi
    Mimi

How much in total did you spend with these units? I would love to do this depending on the price but my wall is not that big Just 9ft wide by 7 ft 9inches tall but would like to use some is these units

• Mimi
    Mimi

How many Inches did you add to the top and the bottom so it would look like it was custom-made from the IKEA cabinets

• Charlene
    Charlene

How did you fix the problem with the supports? I'm not seeing them in any of the "after" pictures. They are only shown in the "before" picture.

• Jeannie Herman
      Jeannie Herman

If you look closely in the last picture, right behind the couch...there is a square pole. I would say she wrapped the round poles in wood.

• Neli
    Neli

Excellent!!

• Jeannie Herman
    Jeannie Herman

I love this. I am planning on doing the exact thing in my living room! So glad I found these pictures. I can't wait to get started!! Who knows, I just might have to do something like this in the basement also! Thanks for posting.