Lori S
Lori S
  • Lewis Center, OH

Dining Room turned Library

We never used our formal dining room so I decided to turn it into a library. The bookcase was an easy DIY project and the gallery wall was very inexpensive to create.
For all the details go to: http://www.thriftydecormom.blogspot.com/2012/01/library-reveal.html
Library - Summer 2012
Library - Summer 2012
Library - Desk Area - Summer 2012
Library - Desk Area - Summer 2012
Library - Gallery Wall Above Desk - Summer 2012
Lori S

• Cathy Smith

Love that people use their rooms for double duty. We seldom use our DR any longer. We mostly eat at the peninsula and in shifts. I would love to get rid of my dining furniture and go with more relaxed pieces, creating a reading room/office. I have also thought of painting the furniture but I just cant bring myself to do so. It is from the 70' came from a local high end furniture store, was made by Kling, still have all of the hang tags for each piece and have had it appraised twice. Both times for over $4,000. It is not the monetary issue but the fact that it came with a lovely story that made happy memories for the previous owner and for my family as well. I love the finish on it but feel that the hutch overpowers the space. I would love to have the top part of the hutch removed, but we have no place to store it just to simply tighten up the space. Everyone tells me to leave it as is.

• Betty Sides

Betty New Sides, Lewisville, Tx. This room is precious! What a way to decorate a room that you need to change in your house! You have a lot of talent, thanks for sharing!