Will slipcovers work well over leather?

Debbie CunninghamSlipcover DesignsWarren G.
+9

Leather Sofa, two chairs and two ottomans.
Rolled arms.
Rolled arms.
  • Kathy R

They will slip around a lot, probably be a pain.

• Tina @ Repurposed Life

Didn't work for me. The would not stay in place.

• Linda L

They look good the way they are

• Lori J

My first thought...why? But if you must, do you think it would help to use that rubber nonslip stuff you can put under a throw rug?

• @ Linda L Thanks, I do like them, but sometimes want a different look.

• Gail D.Bertrand- Meir

@Country Design Style-Jeanette Add colour by adding cushions and throws. Frankly, I like the look of them...and I would simply add wax to them if you feel the leather is drying out or becoming a little scuffed or britle.

• @Lori J, I never thought he rubber nonslip pads. I use some under a couple of rugs. Thanks!

• Warren G.

Try putting some ties on the inside so that you can tie the slipcover to the legs and the slipcover can hang over the legs to cover the ties. this will give you four points of stability. Or if you want to make a slipcover that is more form fitting then use Velcro on the underside of the chair edge.

• Slipcover Designs

@Country Design Style-Jeanette Slipcovers will work over leather and yes you can use non-slip rug pads or rig grippers cut to fit the seat, top of the arms etc. They work pretty well to hold it in place without damaging the leather.

• Debbie Cunningham

Paint it!