Rusty Bedsprings Marquee Lights!

Got an old rusty antique bedspring hanging around? How about making a Lighted Marquee sign?? I created this one with a twin-sized rusted bedspring, some paint and some clear globe patio lights from Target. For the complete DIY instructions, go to:
rusty bedsprings marquee lights, diy, lighting, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
Got a piece of lightweight plywood from Home Depot and had it cut to a size that was two inches bigger all around than the bedsprings.
Then I built a frame from 2 x 4's and attached to the back of the plywood. This gave me something to screw the brackets into that would hold the bedframe in place.
Measured out the spaces for the holes to be drilled. Each hole is centered in the middle of the bedspring coil. There are 11 across and 6 down, so 66 holes in all.
Here are the holes drilled into the wood under each coil.
I painted the plywood a dark gray to show off the lights when the board is lit.
I painted the steel attachments brackets and screws rusty brown to match the bedframe.
These are clear globe patio lights from Target. Love them!
Here is the bedspring attached to the painted board with all of the light sockets in place under the coils.
The completed light board display hanging in the barn. For complete instructions, please visit my blog at:
Sue@CountryDesignHome