My $186 Laundry Room Makeover

My laundry room was in dire need of a makeover. So with a little bit of beadboard, a new vinyl floor covering, some paint and new trim, and a few black accessories, my hubby and I finished this small room makeover in only one day and for less than $200!! Now, if only I could afford a new washer and dryer. . .
Before - a big cluttered mess with tan colored walls and cheap wall paper border. Absolutely no organization in here whatsoever and this room served as a basic "catch all" room for all our junk!
After - Soft blue/gray color on the walls, beadboard and trim, new floor, and black accessories and baskets to help with organization. Much better!!
A closer view of some of the accessories we used in this room. The hanging bar you see here will soon be replaced with a white one.
I purchased this plain jar at Wal Mart, spray painted the lid black, embellished it with some scrapbook stickers, and tied a black and white gingham bow on it to spruce it up a bit. A nicer alternative to those ugly wash powder boxes.

• Susan Kenneally

What a wonderful difference paint makes! Colors are so serene and classy. Love beadboard myself and the black & white floor is spot on. Great job! Bet you love to wash now.

• Lori Rothermund

You did a wonderful job. I love the color choice for the walls.