Painted Tin Can Planters

$5

Update your outdoor space with these painted tin can planters.
This project is such an easy way to add a pop of color to your outdoor living space, garden, porch, or even indoors with just paint and large tin cans. You probably already have most of the supplies already on hand.
By using Painted Tin Can Planters it allows you to switch up your outdoor decor for a custom look for each season.
Here's the before.
Painted Tin Can Planters can also be chic indoors. A great way to spruce up your home decor without spending any money.
The full tutorial is on my blog.

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Rebecca Lopez

• Nancy Wilson
    Nancy Wilson

I wondered about the type of paint and drainage as well. Do you paint inside the cans too?
    • Jewellmartin
      Jewellmartin

The last photo shows a succulent of some kind. As long as the soil can drain down to rocks or plastic water bottles, the plants that fit that size can, would also have enough drainage. Btw, I usually paint the bottom of the can or use the plastic lid on the bottom, if it has one, so the can doesn’t rust on the bottom. 😇💞
  • Laurie
    Laurie

what type of paint did you use? I tried some spray paint on a can and it wouldn't stick.

• Deborah
      Deborah

There are spray paints designed for plastic that contain a primer, or you can buy a separate spray paint primer for plastic then use any spray paint.

• HELENE
    HELENE

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAINTING TIN CANS?????