Toy Blocks With a Twist

$3
2-3 Hours

There are people who need to be reminded to let out their inner child from time to time and not to take life always so serious and then there are the others. People like me who have to occasionally force the inner adult to appear, because the inner child has no great interest in paying bills. So it was really inevitable that I would sooner or later discover toy blocks as a craft material.
toy blocks with a twist, crafts, diy, home decor, repurposing upcycling
For candles...
...or tea lights
You need: A jab saw, spray paint, two-component adhesive and possibly a screw clamp. You can also stick to wood glue but then you have to grind the toy blocks on the adhesive side before your glue them because wood glue doesnt hold very good on varnished wood. The clamp can be used to firmly press the wooden blocks together when glued.
You need toy blocks...
...and old candle holders.
First you have to saw off the upper parts of your old candleholders with a jab saw. You will find candlesticks like I used on each flea market for one dollar.
I spraypainted my candleholders white but of course you can also paint them with a brush and go wild with colors.
Now comes the fun part! Build your candlesticks any way you want and then glue the toy blocks together. If you use two-component adhesive, you need to use it immediately after mixing as it dries very quickly.
The last thing you need to do is to glue the painted upper parts on your toy-candleholders! Now you can light the candles and be delighted. To see more of my toy candle holders or my other projects, visit my blog :-)
Ronja Lotte