Stenciled and Painted Front Porch Makeover

We recently had the exterior of our home painted a bright, crisp white. We wanted to dress up our front porch to go along with our new more modern exterior. I knew I wanted something bold for the front door. We chose Modern Master Front Door Paint in Fortunate. We had this amazing stencil (Moorish Circles) from Royal Design Studios blown up to an 18″ repeat. We painted the floor with Sherwin Williams porch and floor paint. The base color is 7045 Intellectual Gray and the stencil color is 7028 Incredible White. We added new house numbers, a new entry light and a new door knob to complete the look.
Front porch makeover.
Front porch makeover.
Front porch makeover with stencil painted floor, Fortunate Front Door paint by Modern Masters, House #'s by Crate and Barrel.
stenciled and painted front porch makeover, curb appeal, painting, porches
Vintage elephant stool and Homecrest chairs add sophisticated style to this modern porch.
Emtek Octagon Door Knob from Homestead Hardware.
Front porch makeover with stencil painted floor, Fortunate Front Door paint by Modern Masters, House #'s by Crate and Barrel. Light from Lowes.
Stenciling the porch in Royal Design studios Moorish Circles stencil blown up to a 18" repeat.
Our sad little porch before the makeover.

Bella Tucker Decorative Finishes

• Mary

Beautiful!! How did you blow up the pattern? Where did you have the stencil made? How big is the stencil...the dimensions? Thank you. Also, what did the prep work for the porch floor entail other than washing and sweeping?

• Heather Brown

How did the paint hold up? I’m thinking of doing this

• Becky

What kind pair d ok you use on porches for concrete

• Vel

I have been wanting to do our porch, I t is just 4 huge squares of concrete. This would be the perfect solution. Your porch is beautiful, Thanks so much for the idea.

• Stephanie Vackicev-Kurek

I painted our porch but it is slippery when it rains/snows/etc. any suggestions on a non-slip way to incorporate a pattern?

• Kerrie

I’ve been told, although I’ve never tried it myself, to mix in sand with the paint to make it gritty and slip-resistant. Please ask a professional before trying this because I would hate to be responsible for anyone to ruin their porch because of something I suggested.