Flowers I made for a friends wedding

A friend of mine is getting married in October and has a really tight budget. He and his bride are doing a "Day of the Dead" theme. They asked me for help with making centerpieces and this is what I decided to do. I made the larger flowers out of coffee filters and the smaller multicolored flowers out of cupcake liners.
Large flowers made with coffee filters (8 Cup size) I attached them to a chopstick using hot glue. Used a total of 10 coffee filters per flower. Each pkg of coffee filters (200 count) makes 20 large flowers. Total cost $3.00
Coffee Filter flowers.
Small multicolored cupcake liners wrapped around a small green colored paperclip, attached with hot glue.
Medium cupcake liners (multicolored) wrapped around craft sticks using hot glue. Total cost $2.00
Dyed batches of flowers at a time. Stabbed the stems into insulation foam and spray dyed in large batches. Over 1000 flowers were made for this wedding
Pink Dyed Coffee Filter Flower
Purple Dyed Coffee Filter Flower
Purchased coffee filters from Walmart for $1.88 for 100 Qty. This will make 20 large flowers.
Seperate into two piles of five coffee filters each
Fold each pile of five filters in half, and then in half again.
Fold each pile of five filters in half and then in half again. They should look like this.
Cut approximately one inch off of the top of one of the piles of five filters.
Your piles should look like this, One pile cut and the other is not.
Round the corners of each pile
Round the corners of each pile
Cut a "Swoop" out of the center of each pile. Your piles should look like hearts when you are finished
Your piles should look like this. One big heart and one small heart.
Cut the smal amount off of the tip (bottom of the heart). This will make a small hole in the center of the filter for you to feed your stem through
Unfold your piles, they should look like this. you are now ready to assemble your flowers
Put a glob of glue at the top of your stem, feed your small "heart" filters one by one, glueing in between each flower. One all five small are on there, begin feeding the larger ones on there.
Should look like this as you are glueing.
Scrunch each filter around the tip or glued part of your stem. Glue and feed each filter one by one smallest pile to largest pile.
Scrunch each filter around the tip or glued part of your stem. Glue and feed each filter one by one, smallest to largest until all 10 have been glued to stem.

Teri Uliasz Boyungs

• Michele Taylor

Teri U, was step 14 intentionally left out or was it a mis-numbering issue?

• Barb Sutphen

I remember the old time tissue carnations......they were easy and fun......Mom wasn't too crazy about my using up tissues, but they looked nice in a vase....too bad there are no longer colored tissues.....