DIY Upcycled Glass Bottle Garden Markers

141K Views
Before you toss your glass bottles into the recycling bin, check out how pretty and functional they are in the garden! I’ve been looking for the perfect garden markers for a while. I have a set of beautiful metal markers, but they are expensive if I want to buy enough for my large garden. Painted stones are a wonderful idea for garden markers, but my little girls love to play with stones at the moment…they don’t leave them in the garden for long! I’ve been scrolling through Pinterest and nothing has really caught my eye that would stand up to the weather elements that we have here. The perfect solution has been sitting there in our recycling bin. Here are my DIY upcycled glass bottle garden markers, and here’s how quick and easy they are to make!
Difficulty: Easy
  • diy upcycled glass bottle garden markers, crafts, diy, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Mini glass bottles (such as half-sized wine bottles or beer bottles) work well because they don’t take up as much room in the garden as full-sized wine bottles do. They also work great in pots.
I like the chalkboard paint label look, so I chose black and white. I used Martha Stewart Gloss Opaque Glass Paint (a non-toxic glass paint.) I used “Beetle Black” and “Wedding Cake White.”
Using small craft brushes, paint the labels onto the clean glass, first painting the black label and letting it dry, then painting the white details. Next, bake the paint on by placing the bottles in a non-preheated oven, then setting the temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake them for 30 minutes at 350 and leave them in the oven to completely cool to room temperature.
To prevent soil and moisture from getting in, I put corks in the ends of the bottles before putting them in the garden.
Tuck the bottles neck-down tightly into the soil. They’re easy to take out when they need to be moved around the garden.

To see more: http://www.dailypea.com/diy-upcycled-glass-bottle-garden-markers

Ask the creator about this project