Cyndy B
Cyndy B
  • Bivins, TX

Signs from Pallet Boards

A few samples of DIY signs I've been making with pieces of old pallets. Sometimes I whitewash the wood, sometimes leave it plain. I create "stencils" on my laptop, trace them onto the wood and then hand paint them in. Sometimes I cheat and use paint pens LOL - they sure make it go faster!
Apiary - pallet sign
Apiary - pallet sign
All you need is LOVE is all you need -  pallet sign
All you need is LOVE is all you need - pallet sign
Create - pallet sign
Create - pallet sign
Keys - pallet sign
Keys - pallet sign
Whole heart - pallet sign
Whole heart - pallet sign
Dirt Therapy -  pallet sign
Dirt Therapy - pallet sign
You are my Sunshine - pallet sign
You are my Sunshine - pallet sign
Look what I (Guy) Did - pallet sign

My coworker's grandson is named Guy so I made this sign for her to display his "art work".  She loved it and that made me happy.
Look what I (Guy) Did - pallet sign My coworker's grandson is named Guy so I made this sign for her to display his "art work". She loved it and that made me happy.

• Rosa

I love your ideas! Howdo you treat the wood before? And you sand out the paint before doing the letters? I haven't been able to give it that old-rugged look

• Cyndy B

Rmdebroy - thanks, signs really are my "thing". ;) I don't treat the wood other than whatever I decide for the background, i.e. paint it or whitewash or stain. Sometimes I sand before doing the lettering, but often sand them as well. It just kinda depends on how the woods "speaks" to me LOL. Be patient with yourself and keep playing with it. Honestly, I have better luck when I stop thinking and just do it. Believe me, I can over-think it something crazy! ;) When I stop that, I relax and have fun. Ans they're typically my best projects! I'd love to see some of yours! :) This post is pretty old now; here's some more recent projects.

, Made for a dear friend s son s wedding reception He and his bride wanted to honor their deceased grandparents My heart flooded with memories of my own loved ones while working on this it felt a bit like therapy, My booth neighbor ordered this It looks great on her covered porch hanging right next to her front porch

• Linda

Thanks for the tip on the ink.... I've been printing al bunch of papers for a project and have already used all of my black ink, in two days! I love your signs.....

• Cyndy B

Glad to share it, I was so grateful when I saw it on a blog years ago. Wish I could remember a name and give proper credit to that blogger! I hear you about the ink, it's soooo pricey! Thanks and share yours when you try them! :)