Pallet Shed Using Pallets, Old Windows & Tin Cans

$300.00

It’s been a long journey and a learning lesson from the first pallet to the last. My pallet shed is finally complete and I am very pleased how it turned out. It's still one of my favorite pallet projects to date.
In the beginning...
I grabbed a bunch of pallets.
A couple windows and a door from curbside. They're almost perfect for my little pallet shed.
I then covered the outside of the shed with pallet planks.
A cute little sign from the thrift store hangs above the door and an old rocking chair on the porch.
I love the tin can roof! The roof was shingled using tin cans, flattened and painted using metal paint.
We’ve had a few small showers and everything has stayed dry. Loving the color. For more info visit Scrapality.com

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Andrea Fogleman

• Jamye Orillion
    Jamye Orillion

I myself truly love this idea also I would like to know more about the roof please and if you did treat the pallets so they wouldn't Rot?

• Valerie S Crider
    Valerie S Crider

I need a new roof for my shed and I was wondering if this can can idea would work? What did you put under the tin cans to make it waterproof ?

• Edie
      Edie

Part of the way you keep it from leaking into the shed is in how you put each flattened can on the rafters and purlins. Do it as you would regular shingles; start w/ the first row of flat-can shingles at the bottom/lowest edge of the roof, overlapping each can by about two inches. The next row above that is placed so there are no seams matching any seam on the row below. Continue putting on each new row of metal shingles in the same manner. ¶ Look at regular shingles on regular houses and see the pattern inherent in the builder's planning. YouTube might also have some tutorials to show you how to place shingles on a roof. You can also ask someone who is experienced w/ roofing w/ shingles. I do hope this helps. :-)

• Mary Mercora
    Mary Mercora

can't wait to try it. Did you use tar paper under the tin cans? How did you preserve the pallets? Thanks