Pallet Shed Using Pallets, Old Windows & Tin Cans

$300.00

It’s been a long journey and a learning lesson from the first pallet to the last. My pallet shed is finally complete and I am very pleased how it turned out. It's still one of my favorite pallet projects to date.
In the beginning...
In the beginning...
I grabbed a bunch of pallets.
pallet garden shed potting old windows cans, diy, outdoor living, pallet, repurposing upcycling, roofing, woodworking projects
A couple windows and a door from curbside. They're almost perfect for my little pallet shed.
I then covered the outside of the shed with pallet planks.
A cute little sign from the thrift store hangs above the door and an old rocking chair on the porch.
I love the tin can roof! The roof was shingled using tin cans, flattened and painted using metal paint.
We’ve had a few small showers and everything has stayed dry. Loving the color. For more info visit Scrapality.com
Andrea Fogleman

• Kennette

Love the idea of this and the look. However, wood will rot, when in direct contact with soil. This means the flooring will rot, then collapse, your walls will have no flooring support and they too will eventually collapse. What precautions did you take against this?

• Susie

Perhaps she's already made sure everything is off the ground by a few inches...i.e., maybe none of the wood is sitting directly on the ground; hopefully it sits on some kind of brick or blocks that we just can't see?? If not, since the shed is not TOO big, it might not be too late or too hard to jack up one side at a time, with help, of course, and place blocks under the walls and corners. Walkways, too. Or else what you say WILL happen. And maybe she even put down roofing felt first under the flattened tin cans. Anyway, CUTE shed!

• Esther Susan Avila

How many pallets did it take? I looks like flooring and walkway are also pallets, is that correct?

• Phyllis J Holman
    Yesterday

It looks great! Did you seal the pallets so it wouldn't rot? Hope you answer the questions soon. I'm very interested in building one.

• Ronald Harrison

After I saw this I wanted one. My son-in-law works at a place that gets a lot of pallets, so he brought me all I needed. I put cinder blocks, and 4x4 and 2x4 braces, then plywood floor. After the pallet walls were done I covered with plywood. I didn't want the cracks between boards. I love the look of yours tho. I also put a tin roof. Enjoying my workshop.

• Daisy@TX
    31 minutes ago

I really want to do this. I'm contacting a company that gives away pallets even loads them.

Thx Ronald Harrison for your input too!