Duke Manor Farm
Duke Manor Farm
  • Pendergrass, GA

Easy Summer Flower Arrangement

I love this time of the year and the chance to walk into the garden and select the most unlikely choices to pair together for a stunning summer arrangement. This arrangement contains snips from my white and purple Butterfly Bushes, Pink and Purple Gladiolus Stems and greens from my crepe myrtle trees. Beautiful, don't you think?
Purple Blooms from Butterfly Bush
Purple Blooms from Butterfly Bush
Gladiolus and Butterfly stems
Gladiolus and Butterfly stems
Easy Flower Arrangement
Easy Flower Arrangement
Various Shades of Pink Gladiolus Stems
Various Shades of Pink Gladiolus Stems
Duke Manor Farm

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Have you seen all the beautiful new colors that have come out recently? I will try to post some pics later today.

• Alisa W

My butterfly bush produces only the scrawniest of flowers...what do you do to yours to make then so lovely? What do you fertilize with, if any? And when? I live in Texas. Thanks so much!

• Fly

Alisa-prune them back hard in early spring and make sure they get full sun. Once you prune each year you will have double the amount of blooms. I also prune off any spent flower stems during the blooming period which gives more energy to the plant to produce more blooms.