Jan P
Jan P
  • Windsor, CT

Tile over concrete patio??

360 Sod (Donna Dixson)Jan PSharron W
+6

We have between 750-800 sq ft of concrete (good condition) patio around our pool. Rough texture, tough on the feet. It has settled is areas, but no cracks or mess. Trying to come up with a cost effective way to resurface - either plain concrete over the old?? Pavers?? Tile?? Or do I need to consider ripping it all out and just doing pavers?? Hate to have to chop this all up - installed 1977- just had the pool redone - so the patio looks yeechy!! Any suggestions??? Oh, we are in central CT. This pic is pool before!!
Thanks..
Jan in CT
q tile over concrete patio, concrete masonry, patio, pool designs
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

http://www.greenstoneproductsonline.com/ This is a product that can go over your concrete.

• Jan P

Thanks!! Will get in touch with them!!

• Sharron W

What about cork tiles? There's supposed to be great for moist areas and would sure be soft underfoot, and I imagine fairly cheap...

• Jan P

Woodbridge - thanks for the link - I have sent off the info for a quote. - Cork?? I have that in my kitchen - will check that out too!! Thanks for all the great ideas!!

• Becky H

Four Season......I'm so glad to see someone has begun doing this! I wonder how it works in driveways. @Woodbridge, this has proven itself to be a very good product. While I was on the recreation district board here, we surfaced all the concrete in the (age 1 - 8) children's park in this material. Only drawback is it is not cheap, but I firmly believe worth the investment.

• Sharron W

Just power washing the surface of the concrete would improve the appearance....but for comfort you gotta go with something cushy...LOL

• Jan P

Hubby did powerwash - but the black I kept seeing - was little trap rock that is now at the top of the surface...just looks dirty and crummy - SO - decision was made today - and the pool company that did the work will be sending their concrete deck guy out - and we are having a concrete overlay done - and it will be stamped - similar to this - scheduled for the second week in August!! Very excited - a few more plants got planted today!!

q tile over concrete patio, concrete masonry, patio, pool designs, Idea for pool patio
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Good choice Jan. Please post pictures of the completed job!