An Unwanted Dresser Drawer!

8.2K Views
My 7 year old daughter and I were in a crafty mood and thought what better way to search for a project than going to Habitat Restore? We found this old drawer that appeared to go inside a hutch. We talked and talked about what we could do with it.
  • upcycle planter dresser drawer repurpose, container gardening, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Next we found a great piece of hardware, legs and paint!
Our baby kittens already loved this! Still not knowing what it was going to be used for, we continued!
We glazed the inside and painted the out, antiqued it a bit, not much.
The final piece! Hmmmm, what will it be used for?
We figured it out! Well, our Johnny boy did! After awhile non of our four cats used it so it sat and sat, took up space and sat in our garage for almost a year. I didn't want to throw it away yet, and finally I came up with a great idea! A planter box!
I'm very excited for this piece.
Once the flowers grow bigger and get to full size I will probably extend the legs to go better in that spot!

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question
      • Hannah V
        Hannah V Brooklyn, NY

Oh I LOVE it as a planter! My cats would have done the same- loved it one second and over it the next! haha Gorgeous job nonetheless! :)

• Michele Eures
          Michele Eures Conowingo, MD

I love it, too. I love the pic of your kittens playing with the brush and legs. "Yay, Mommy brought us toys!" lol Did you line the drawer with anything or just put the plants in separate pots?