Candi C
Candi C
  • Burleson, TX

Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets

Help!!! I need to refinish my kitchen cabinets.I'm not sure what to do. Thinking about going darker and rustic. Any suggestions?
Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinets

• Workerbee

I have refinished oak cabinets using walnut gel stain with walnut polyshades over that and it turned out beautiful. Using the two products gave the finish more depth than just one or the other. Sand lightly between poly coats. Oak has a strong grain that works well with this process. Also, wash the cabinets with a strong solution of TSP (before refinishing) which can be found in the paint section of most hardware stores, it will de-gloss and degrease at the same time. Good luck

• John

Have you thought of painting them? We had honey oak cabinets that were still in great shape, but looked tired. We wanted to re-stain them but found out we only could go darker. So we got a very experienced painter that did an antiquing pint job on them and they turned out wonderful, brighter, and with his spry method, looked factory new. We didn't have to do the insides, as it was close enough to the paint it blended in. Secret is, if your doors are solid, and not in need of replacing, it is cheaper for a good painter to come in than replacing all the doors and drawer faces. Paint will not only brighten, but add so much more to help your modernization at a fraction of the cost. Good paint, very good professional painter is a must.

, Cabinets over and around the existing stove finished I believe it was a three or four stage painting process in antique off white The splash behind the stove was cut from the new quarts counter top that the sink hole was cut from, Fuller view of the cabinets new windows and counter tops, Sink and dishwasher area Replaced wooden french windows with double pane vinyl, Cabinets next to the refrig, This wall was brick from the back of our living room fireplace We used 1 8 drywall and furring strips to attache it Cabinets next to it
  • See More

Next
Prev