Pant Legs to Wine Bags ~ a Repurpose

Repurpose your kids jeans into a wine gift bags! You can use any jeans really. Skinny jeans work best as the opening is small. Ideally the leg width is 5 inches wide. Then you only need to make one small seam across, turn the bag right side out & decorate!
Here is the easy tutorial…
Two wine gift bags made from one pair of out grown jeans!
Start with a pair of out grown jeans. Skinny jeans with a leg opening of about 5 inches work the best. But you can use any jeans, but may have to decrease the width with another seam.
Cut the jean legs off the pants at 15 inches. Wine bottles are approximately 13 inches tall generally. 15 inches will allow for a 1" seam at the bottom and some extra on the top. Speaking of the top you will use the bottom of the jean as the top of your gift bag.
You can sew the bottom seam on an angle to round out the bag, but it is not necessary.
Turn your bag right side out. Slip in the wine bottle, tie & decorate. I used scraps of burlap ribbon, twine and flowers I picked up at the Michael's Dollar bin.
This is a fun, easy project ~ CHEERS!!

Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Kelly@mysoulfulhome

• Elisabeth Robinson
    Elisabeth Robinson

I'm sorry, I'm lost. If you're leaving the bottom open for the top, how do you stitch the other end? Wouldnt it be wider

since it's close to the thigh part of the leg?

• Karen
      Karen

She is only goi g up 15 I ches

• Chris Gaines
      Chris Gaines

Look for jeans with a 5 to 6 inch opening at the ankle - not toddler jeans! 15 inches up will be well below the thigh on adult jeans and youth jeans are not too wide so will work. With a large pair of jeans you could make a couple bags for the folding beach chairs!

• Godanointed
      Godanointed

15inches takes you just below the knee. It doesn't get up to the thigh area.

• Linda Ferrie
    Linda Ferrie

Linda f. Great idea for many gifts Christmas gifts for fun roll of t.paper with smiley face ...great grand daughter loves surprise gifts in bags.

• Valerie Stanford Richardson
    Valerie Stanford Richardson

I made several of these and thought they turned out so cute, I loved the idea for my friends who love their wine!