how to stop cats from peeing under bushes

Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comKaren360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
+4

My parents live in Boynton Beach FL and the neighbor's 10 cats use their front bushes as the community toilet. My father is going crazy. Of course, nothing that will kill, just deter them!
    • Janet

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

Cats don't just pee on floors and beds because they're in pain - could be a multitude of other reasons! Most common is that male cats feel the need to mark their territory.

As for myself, I finally found something that works for the cat pee smell in my home! A herbal mixture of sorts! I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

You should definitely check it out, we don't even buy Odorban and the likes any longer :)

What a relief to finally have gotten rid of the horrible cat pee smell, and for a decent price as well.

Registered an account only to say this:

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at. It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

To be honest, I don't know too much more about it so I did a quick Google search and here's a description of the spray with a long review as well.

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

I just saw when checking out some new product lines for the nursery. I don't have a clue if it works or not. But thought I would share it with you. http://www.contech-inc.com

• Dee W

@ 4 Seasons-nice.....how does it know a cat from a skunk or dog?

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

I don't think it does. But the sound maybe only effective in the hearing range for a cat?

• Karen

Thanks for the help everyone! I've told my parents about the coffee grounds, they are already doing the cayenne pepper without success.

• Rent a neighbors dog. :) Its darn impossible to stop them once they have make this their favorite potty place. But noise or spray devices work best. You may need to replace the mulch bed before any of the other methods would work.