Lyn
Lyn
  • Greenwood, IN

Colors to dull the "yellow" bathrooms?

CarolValerieLyn
+4

We recently purchased a new home (built in 1990) and all the bathrooms have "almond" color counters/sinks/toilets and tubs. Does anyone have any idea what color I could paint that would neutralize it a bit, it really does look yellow? Looking for suggestions to spruce them all up as well.
Half bath
Half bath
  • Dee W

I love yellow paired with a soft olive green or a rich deep burgandy. For this room I would choose a color from your wall pic -and paint the vanity, window frame and maybe the inside of the door with that color. Then add towels-floor mat of another color from the pic. I like the black magazine rack if you could bring in maybe a soap dish or candle holder in black scrollwork that may tie it together. Where there is a tub/shower your shower curtain will make a huge difference. Is your flooring yellow, too?

• 3po3

There are products for painting tubs and toilets, but I think it's hard to make it look great. I think Dee is on the right track. Start by focusing on other surfaces and see if it's any more pleasing for you.

• Ellen H

You might want to look at the lighting too - switch to cool bulbs if flourescent or Reveal bulbs if incandescent. It might help reduce the yellow feel. A lighting expert could tell you more - I'm just suggesting it is something to check into.

• Z

I'm with Dee. Get rid of the yellow walls and the almond won't seem so yellow, but more of the warm off white it really is.

• Lyn

The end result!

, Finished product Much better than the nicotine stained look
  • Valerie

That looks terrific!!! Job well done.

• Carol

I would add a pretty boarder all around the top of the bathroom walls. You could add decals of seashells or whatever or feather paint with a blue or green. To do that just dip a feather duster in your favorite color of paint & then blot the feather duster here & there all over your walls.