Amy
Amy
  • Raleigh, NC

fireplace

MarraProject Style, LLCMiriam I
+1

hi!
we have painted the inside of our brick fireplace black and are looking for ideas
for decorating-children with asthma so we will not be making fires-
any ideas out there? thank you!
  • KMS Woodworks

I seen some with large 3 to 4" dia candle sticks and dried floral arrangements...it makes a bit of a "shadow box"

• Miriam I

Hi Amy, if you do a search for "fireplace" or "mantel" here on Hometalk, you will see lots of decorating ideas. Also, post a picture if you have one, we can give you some more suggestions based on that.

• Project Style, LLC

Pillar candles with LED lights, driftwood, a sculptural piece out of iron, a leaning piece of artwork, lots of possibilities. Think of things that represent your family's interests.

• Marra

I love the feel of a fire in a fireplace. I had some logs and a grate, took some twinkling LED lights and scattered them around the logs. I could have a "fire" all year long AND it was easy to keep clean and dust free with a soft brush on the vacuum.