Valerie Ott
Valerie Ott
  • Hudson, OH

Wallpaper is Back!

Our hall half-bath was seriously the most vanilla room on the planet until we decided to wallpaper. I found some beadboard wallpaper by Allen + Roth at Lowe's, then browsed books from a local decorator to find the perfect complement for above the chair rail. Now, the toilet paper holder isn't the only focal point of the space...which is a good thing. Quite honestly, though, although we LOVE the pattern of the paper, it was a pain to hang becasue it came unpasted. If I had to do it all over again, well...I'd probably choose the same thing because we do like it that much, but dealing with wallpaper paste was a bit of a hassle. The prepasted beadboard paper, however, was a breeze by comparison.
Prison-cell bathroom turned chic!
Prison-cell bathroom turned chic!
We already had the bicycle art but I spray painted the frame white to match.
The iron bikes are from Hobby Lobby.  We chose oil-rubbed bronze fixtures and art for contrast.  Plus it ties in with the dark wood floors.
The iron bikes are from Hobby Lobby. We chose oil-rubbed bronze fixtures and art for contrast. Plus it ties in with the dark wood floors.
Beadboard wallpaper is thick, easy to hang, paintable, and looks like the real thing!
Valerie Ott

• Angela

What is the length from the floor to the top of the chair rail? Would love to do this to my bathroom! Great job!

• Dee

beautiful