Linda J
Linda J
  • Mc Kinney, TX

Re-purposed windows and doors.

My husband and I built this greenhouse using our collection of old windows and french doors. It has a cute chandelier inside and icicle lights that set it off at night.
Our greenhouse.
Our greenhouse.

• Pat Malhoit

Did you build a frame to attach the windows?

• Linda J

We built a frame to fit the size of the Windows. They were not all the same size .

• BDietzen

What did you use for the floor? Is there a foundation on this building? I love the look . . . does it work well as a greenhouse?
    • Linda J

We used cinderblocks filled with concrete to anchor the walls. Layed out some stepping stones & put pea gravel between the stones.

• Alfred Marmol

Interesting post! It can be helpful if renovation is carried out to maintain the building and install an impact resistant solution for windows and door to the room. This is an effective idea to get an re-purposed windows and doors renovated. If we install these kind of windows and doors then it will be more helpful in sense of style and security aspect as well. So research says that there are various sources like impact windows at Broward http://www.impactresistantwindowsndoors.com/impact-windows-broward/ amongst the windows and doors installation or other home, hall or mansion renovation.

• Emily Ashford

Yes insperation galore. I love it ...